Due to Covid-19 outbreak and following current guidelines set by the ADA and CDA, you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
The following is a list of additional steps we are taking to ensure our patients’ and staff’s safety and allow for an effective treatment environment.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- Upon arrival to our office, you will be asked those same questions again and your temperature will be taken. If your temperature is above 100oF, you will be asked to leave the office.
- We will ask you to wear a mask when entering our office and offer hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We will ask you to minimize the number of people accompanying you to your appointment. At this time, we are asking only the individual who has an appointment to come to the office, unless the patient is a minor or needs assistance. All other individuals who do not have an appointment will be asked to leave the office.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, and our reception area will have barrier shields and so forth, to reduce the risk of infection.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. And we may ask you to stay in your car and arrive only a couple of minutes prior to your appointment time.