Why You Can Look Younger with Dental Implants
Did you know you can look more youthful and rather younger than you are? While most of your appearance is accentuated by your confidence levels, in cosmetic dentistry, the dentist has a way of improving your overall facial appearance. Part of the process involves restoring your lost teeth.
Even though there are different tooth replacement alternatives to consider in dentistry, your cosmetic dentist will emphasize on trying out dental implants because of how effective they are in improving your facial appearance overall. Besides, with up to 98% success rates, there is a lot to look forward to with implantation procedures for your mouth.
What Are Dental Implants?
They are oral appliances used in cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry. The primary role of dental implants is to replace missing teeth. The dental implants are made of titanium metal, created into screw-like metal posts that are installed in the jawbone of a patient. The metal posts are inserted using a surgical procedure, ensuring that they replaced the roots of your teeth.
Ideally, one implant should replace one missing tooth. However, when you have several missing teeth, your dentist can organize a treatment plan that would utilize the all-on-4® technique to replace all your teeth without overusing implants.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Oral implants do not work the same way as other dental appliances for replacing missing teeth. Instead, dental implants are unique in the following ways:
- They are inserted in the jawbone – the implantation procedure involves cutting open your gum tissue, drilling your jawbone, then placing the implant. This is one of the distinguishing factors of dental implants having that we are made for replacing the roots of teeth, not necessarily the crown part.
- A follow-up procedure is necessary to complete your treatment – this usually involves the placing of a dental crown, a dental bridge, or dentures. This part of the procedure is necessary to ensure that the implant is not exposed on the surface of the gum tissue without protection. Ideally, the crown placed over it covers the implants to complete the treatment, as if you have your natural teeth.
- The process relies on the bone regeneration process – the titanium material used to create an implant is biocompatible. This means that it can properly integrate with your jawbone and other soft tissues to become one with your teeth. The result is a strong replacement material that closely mimics the strength of a natural tooth.
Do Dental Implants Really Make You Look Younger?
It is not like dental implants can shed off a couple of years from your life. This also means that the dental implants will not take off the wrinkles from the face. However, implants do play a big role in improving the appearance of your face and making you look more youthful than you may be. Some of the ways are:
- Preventing bone deterioration – the function of your jawbone is to hold teeth in place. When you do not have teeth, the jawbone lacks purpose, which is why it starts to deteriorate. By getting oral implants, you encourage the process of bone regeneration in your jawbone. This creates a strong jawline that can properly support your teeth and facial muscles. With ample support, you will have a fuller and more youthful look.
- Supporting your facial muscles to prevent facial collapsing – teeth help to frame your face perfectly. Other than the jawline, the teeth prevent the skin and muscles on your face from sulking. When dental implants replace your teeth, the wrinkles on your face will not be as pronounced as before. This is so because the facial muscles and skin are properly supported by the replacement teeth.
- Restoring your speech – it is very difficult to speak effectively without teeth. Teeth help control the pronunciation of words. In that case, when implants are used to replace your teeth, they improve your speech. This adds to your eloquence, confidence, and ultimately, beauty.
- Restoring your confidence – when you are feeling confident about your smile and your appearance, you not only look better but you also feel better. When you know that dental implants are permanent, then you can rest assured that you will not have any slip-ups likely to embarrass you. The result is increased confidence that allows you to flaunt your smile more, making you feel good, youthful, and happier.